<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 26, 2003

Mashed Potatos 

I ate a lot of mashed potatos the other night. I mean a lot.

The problem with favors is when the one who asks is disappointed with the result. And that really sums up my struggle for tomorrow, which is otherwise stated as -- how do I put a positive spin on a book I couldn't . . . promote. Just like I couldn't finish that sentence. This book, buried in it somewhere, had heart. I think. More accurately: I hope. What I worry about is that I may want it to have heart more than it actually does.

And now I have to advise the author on how to fix things . . . when I'm not sure I'd take the time myself. No. I know I wouldn't. Would he even? So is it worth my time? Either of our time? Ah, fuck it. It's done now. Maybe I'll say something that will spark a change, and then his book will get published before anything I spew sees light. That would be something, anyway.

I ate a hell of a big breakfast this morning. Brunch really. It was big.

And this -- reviewing work -- is supposed to be my job. Part of it, anyway. So I should be taking this better. Then again, I could think of a hell of a lot of things I could be doing better right now, like, school, job, what is beneath me right now, etc.

My wife is gone for the next few days. I know this kind of thing gets cheesy on diaries, logs and the type. But I do miss her greatly.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?