<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

This is For You 

I've heard you've been coming here, reading these words.

You know who you are.

I saw you that night -- in the house, with the girl. She was too young, lied about her age, and smiled too easily. I imagine after all these years you've thought you got away with it. And you have. But now, at least, you know that I know. I know:

That her friends left without her, passing knowing glances. That the house cleared out for the bars, and everything, for a time, was confused in the way only alcohol drenches things. I know the way you looked at her through the glass. I know the way her hips swung down on the couch.

I heard her say, "No," and how she just came to have a good time. I scowled at your hushing response. I listened to it end, like a killing, and she walked out, as if limping. I still think of her long, cold walk home, alone.

You didn't bother to close the front door after her. She just came for a good time; your dick was empty. You heaved yourself up, zipped, and climbed the stairs.

It is good we don't see each other anymore; I still hate myself for this. All I have is that I will never forget. And now you know.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?