<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

"My Best Friend" 

If the genie granted me a fourth wish, it would be to put a stop to all wedding invitations that read:

"Today is the day I will marry my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, love."

It sounded fresh at first, but when was that? Now we're all off marrying our best friends. I don't know what prompts people to use this same cliched line, even when they've seen it on dozens of other invitations. It's to the point now, in which people don't think about the concept -- "this is my best friend and I'm so excited to marry him/her" -- but rather, they see everyone else doing it, and when their opportunity arrives -- like their place in a line of dominoes -- they use that same line.

Divorce attorneys should start their filings with the line: "Today is the day Ms. Doe will divorce her best friend, the one she can no longer laugh with, refuses to live for, and most certainly does not any longer love."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?