<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 08, 2004

Ration on the Radio 

Whew! Glad we got that out of our systems. Now we can proceed peacefully.

So there's this guy on the radio right now, talking about butter, and how we should use it, but not margarine. And if we're at a restaurant, we should ask for purely pressed olive oil, not Crisco. And then he says we shouldn't eat pork, because the Bible says, and it (as well as butter, as well as decaf) puts poison in our bodies, and how unhealthy we all are, and if we don't watch out, if we don't watch out, we're all going to die! And I wish I could be in the studio, to say to Bible-health-man, "We're all gonna die, man. Even you. Even me. Say it with me: 'I'm gonna die.' Make you feel nervous? All tingley inside? I know. It's scary. OK, then we'll change it: 'I'm gonna die . . . but not yet.' Now go eat a cheeseburger." Whoever thought "go eat a cheeseburger" would be a slogan for living?

The dog's asleep, the cd's over, and it's time to start writing, which I've put off for long enough, now, the same way that running is only difficult before you get out the door.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?