<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 16, 2004

So I'm Sitting Here With My Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup . . . 

. . . when I hear a dog going absolutely apeshit outside, barking at something. I then hear the owner pipe in: "Quiet! Quiet, you! Quiet!" The dog's still growling and barking, and for sitting up in my third floor window, it's quite loud.

Loud enough to wake up Ranger, who's so afraid of other dogs that he has this irrational, violent reaction to most any dog alive. So he hears this, and all the sudden, his ears go up and his eyes narrow. The faintest note of a growl builds in him . . . and bam! He jumps up, runs across the attic to my window, stands his front two paws on the ledge, and looks down to the sidewalk. He starts huffing and puffing like he always does when he gets nervous and threatened. He bares his teeth, opening his mouth -- I can tell he's about to let out the most ferocious bark ever heard when--

"Buuup."

Apparently the dog treat I just gave him is digesting nicely. He closes his mouth, sort of shrugs his shoulders, hops his paws off the window sill, and lays back down.

"Way to tell him, Range."


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?