<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Building Nothing Out of Something 

• There is a deep divide between myself and people who complain about dog hair. Being the kind of person to ignore you at your fancy dinner party and rather play with your dog on the floor in the other room, it's pretty clear I'm biased here. I just don't get it. What's so terrible about a little dog hair? Dogs are great. You can never really have an argument with them because they can't talk back. They will always love you, even if you're mean to them. They provide the perfect half to any relationship. Yet some people can't abide the hair. Unbelievable.

• What is so wrong with the concept of cleaning out the gene pool? Why can't we take all the admitted rapists, pederasses, and serial killers and just cut their balls off (or weld the f-tubes for the ladies)? What is sooooo wrong about this? This is the scum of humanity, yet we are allowing them the possibility of reproducing?

• OK, I agree. The Starbucks coffee is overpriced. But why all this Starbucks hatred? And why does it always seem to come from someone who's addicted to the stuff? Is this some modern redirection of self-hatred? I just don't see it as the sign of the apocalypse.

• There are several radio stations in the Milwaukee area who have done this promotion lately -- it's the "We're playing our ENTIRE music catalog this weekend!" And they act all excited that they're bringing this tremendous amount of diverse and ass-kicking music to our ears for "the whole weekend long". And I'm thinking, "What, you have that small of a music library that you can play the whole thing in a weekend?!" Pathetic.

• I really got to find a better way of saying "No" to all the people at work who try to sell me overpriced crap -- either crap from their pathetic side businesses or crap for their kid for some reason, they don't know, they forgot. Right now I've become so bitter about all this that I just end up avoiding the people or acting really pissed-off so that they avoid me. There's got to be a better solution. And no, I'm not looking for honesty here, folks.

• Why do people always complain about how Saturday Night Live isn't good anymore? I've heard this complaint since I was 13 years old when Dana Carvey was doing the show. When do all these people agree the show was good? To me, it's never been great or terrible. The first 10 to 30 minutes are usually OK. The last half-hour usually sucks. Simple.

• We got a foot of snow dumped on us. Time for a night snow run.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?