<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 18, 2005

Heat Enough to Rend 

Finally, finally, finally finished chapter five of my current book. I had a hard time titling it, and the title is a bit ridiculous (see above), but it sounded good and it was close to what I was writing about . . . so that's good enough for me. I think I started this book last July, and this chapter, which is really more than anything, about build-up, seems to have taken like five and a half months. Worse: it's not very good in that regard. But it tells the story, and I wrote through to the end and can fix and improve in later drafts. The important thing is the story is still alive -- more now than ever -- and there's plenty of material for chapter six, which will be much shorter.

Getting, getting, getting there . . .

No. You're not.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?