<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Getting Imagery Back 

I can't be the only one on the planet to wish that Motley Crue would just go away forever. And who would have thought that this sentiment could come from me -- the one who as a 13-year-old claimed they were his second favorite band behind Aerosmith? There's a time for rocking. There's a time for nostalgia. And then there's the time to just go away forever. Now is that time for the Crue.

I don't really have anything of interest today, but Nolan's asleep in the crib for once and Ranger and I can't think of anything better to do that wouldn't wake him up.

Does anybody else think that Rob Thomas has been watching way too much American Idol? Don't quit your day job, Rob. You can always tell that a band has plateaued when they only appeal to women, and Rob is at that plateau. Rob, meet Bon Jovi, Barry Manilow, and all the boy bands in the history of the world. Bon Jovi, Barry, boy bands, meet Rob.

So I'm going to be an uncle soon, and Nolan will no longer be the big, super-surprise of the moment. That's OK. That's how the wife and I prefer it, really. There's something to be said about being the menu's special of the day. But for the long term, it's best to remain a solid repeat item: patty melt, Denver omelet, steak & eggs.

There's all these gay guys who are coming out to me. I get the impression it's this big thing for them to want me to know which side of the plate they're swinging from. And the thing I want to say to them is: I don't care. You're gay. Good for you, but it really doesn't affect me. So stop worrying what I think -- what does that matter anyway? Just let it be so we can get back to talking about what sucks, new music, Star Wars, and what happened over the weekend.

The white trash idiot three doors down just spent five minutes screaming at the top of his lungs in the middle of the street at his dogs and kids (who should be in school). This is the same guy who drives through the alley at 40 MPH. The same guy sits in the alley doing absolutely nothing with the stereo blaring, head bobbing, wearing nothing but a beer gut and a dirty pair of grey sweatpants. I don't know what kind of justice I want served upon this guy. But I want it served.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?