<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 23, 2005

Let the Cliches Begin 

As promised, I've begun my dissection of The All-American Rejects' (I don't really need to link to them anymore, do I?) upcoming album.

The first song is called . . . . brace yourselves . . . . "Dirty Little Secret".

I so want to be in the room as these buffoons come up with their lyrics. Do they talk to each other about the songs as they write, I wonder?

"Hey, I've got a new song idea."
"Yeah? What's it about?"
"Oh, it's about love and relationships. Chicks. How girls are always doing me wrong. But then, it's also about how I screwed up and want her back. But it's all over now. I just have to move on."
"Man, that sounds great! Let's do this!"

As you might have imagined, this song details again the only topic our Reject heroes seem to embrace: the ups and the downs, the ins and the outs, and the trials and the tribulations of the ever-challenging world of relationships. Aside from the title of the song itself, the other cliches presented in the usual blustery whine are:

-- "I've known this all along"
-- "Games that you want to play" (charmingly rhymed to "all" the young lass this song is directed at has "thrown away")
-- "These sleeping dogs won't lie"
-- "It's eating me apart."

If this album gets airplay, it could be a long summer.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?