<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

On The Unexpected 

Every now and then, I hit the 24-hour grocery store by my house. Tonight, we needed Drano, so I picked that up and then wandered into the deli. Egg salad on marble rye.

And it's terrific. I'm eating it right now, and I gotta say . . . this is the best egg salad on marble rye I've ever had. I just got to the back of the first half of the sandwich, and I think I detect a hint of mint in the final bite! Holy shit! Who thought to place a tiny sprig of mint at the back of the sandwich?! Brilliant! Leaves my mouth all fresh and ready for the second half.

As of a couple days ago, Jessica and I have been married a whole three years, which is less then half the time it takes for most marriages to break up. Getting married on a beach in the Bahamas without any friends or family will go down as one of my better decisions in life. I wonder if Paul McCartney will sing "When I'm Sixty-four" any differently next year when he turns 64. Here's predicting that every newspaper editor in the country will think they're impossibly clever by incorporating that song into the title of McCartney birthday story.

Another mint sprig! Unbelievable!

This is the best grocer's sandwich of all-time!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?