<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Only Conclusion (OR) How My House Will Envelope the Entire World 

Givens:

A.) My house represents a limited space.
B.) I can never find my wife's keys because she never puts them in the same place.
C.) She always puts her keys inside the house.
D.) I am always looking for the damn keys.

Given A, there are only so many places for these keys to be. Take into account B, one can only deliberate that after enough time, there will be no place in the house for the keys to be. Yet when we consider C, the keys must be in the house. Therefore, we can only conclude that the house will expand to include new places which I do not know. After all, the keys must be someplace. Truly frightening, however, is D. Given an increasing average lifespan for guys in my age and socio-economic category, and my never-ending quest for keys, our house could very well expand without limit.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?