<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 26, 2005

True or False 

I once recited the Wayne's World conversation to a history professor, stating I was from Milwaukee, which is Algonquin for, "The Good Land," and she nodded her head seriously and said, "Oh, is that so? How interesting and knowledgeable you are."

I once spent an evening at a restaurant/bar, listening to some folkie guy sing and play guitar; while I was there, I befriended this group of people who were either friends with or engaged to the singer. As the night wore down, I decided I had to go. Things were winding down. So I told them I was going. Then I went. I took the back door to get back to my apartment and decided to take a leak in the alley. There was a big old trailer van there for cover . . . until all those people I hung out with came outside to jump into their van.

After following our installer's guidelines to dump a couple bottles of Drano down our new sink to get the drain working, we walked downstairs to the basement to find our metal pipes had softened . . . like wet paper. After calling the guy, he said, "Oh, yeah. That can happen."

Sometime before leaving for college, we were driving down North Avenue and passed RC's; my mom got all sentimental, saying it was a place she and my dad used to go to when they moved down here. I nodded, not telling her it was where the guys from Upper Crust recently took me for beers to break me in before college.

This kid will not stop crying.

I really like my new job, and I'm really happy at work. But I still don't want to go to work today.

"Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?