<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 07, 2005

Disappointing My Parents (OR) The Three Most Important Things I Learned in College 

1.) A woman who cut my hair told my to use less shampoo, but better quality. She also told me not to just dump a lump of the shampoo into my hand and begin soaping my hair; rather, I should mix it in my hands, then distribute it evenly.

2.) It's better to wear a shirt under a flannel instead of just a flannel. This allows one to take off the flannel if it gets hot.

3.) When walking through a crowd of people, lead with your beer. People see the beverage, and they respect that. They will move for the beer. But not for you.

I eventually majored in philosophy. I enjoyed it. I still think about Nietzsche on an almost-daily basis, and he plays an important role in my writing. But he doesn't shampoo my hair, dress me, or get me through crowds.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?