<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rough, More Pounds, Bullets, and That Guy 

It's been a rough (meaning: nonexistent) past six weeks for my running. It's really not a priority for the rest of the year, as my focus will be finishing the book. But the bottom line is, I weigh 672 pounds again, so it's time I made a little effort to get into some kind of shape. Some further musings on this (basically, I just feel like writing in bullet format now):

• I got a jogging stroller over the summer. Yeah. I'm that guy.
• It's a good stroller -- very lightweight. But one can't run seriously with one of these. I went to school with a guy named Jason Finch, a great runner and an . . . effusive personality to put it lightly. Finch would often say, when he was feeling good, "I was JAMMIN'!" One never feels like he's jammin' when he takes the jogging stroller out.
• It's hard running when you weigh 672 pounds.
• Sometimes when I zone out, I look like a drunken captain, steering this thing all over the bike trail.
• At least I'm not running with headphones. Yet.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?