<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 04, 2005

On "Happily Ever After" 

If I could state one thing I've learned about marriage, it's: expect less.

For example, when the wife and I were dating and I'd stay over at her place, she would give me one of her pillows. She had two. There were two of us. It was a nice -- but admittedly expected -- gesture. When we moved in and got married, I of course brought my pillow. What happened? You can already guess, I know you can: no second pillow for me.

That's right. Now that I was providing my own pillow, she kept both her pillows. So that extra pillow that had been mine when I slept in her bed was now off-limits . . . even though it was the same bed.

So, in short, what I'm stating is: Cinderella and the prince eventually get out of that carriage, plod their way up to the master bedroom, and fight over the pillows.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?