<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Times I Can't Talk 

"You think you cleared them out?"

"I don't see how not."

"Then it's time to get started."

--

"I want you here on time. With your book. Get all your reading done. No bullshit."

"M-hm."

"This ain't no reading group."

"Yeah, yeah. I might end up with nothing to say."

"So come with nothing to say and then say something."

"Huh."

"No 'huh'. Just come and get it out."

"There's no one left to meet anymore. Even if I have something to bring in, it's just me showing up to the bar with a fucking art display getting weird looks."

"Excuses."

"Easy for you to judge."

"Tomorrow at quarter to one."

"We could end up sitting there against the horizon, all picaresque and competent, full of Americana-style wistfulness and empty pages."

"Not empty."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?