<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Beaten by the third woman and a guy with a double stroller. 

After not racing for three years, I ran three races over the course of 17 days.

My first race back was faster than I expected, mainly because I had treated it like a workout, but then ran it with a little pride. But not enough so that there isn't plenty to work on. That last mile of the 5K was pretty weak. I don't mind getting beaten by the top woman, but not the third woman. That's not right.

The second race was only the second or third 10K of my racing career, and although I started extremely slowly, I finished 8th, and with a decent, if not memorable last push. The problem with this race was no port-o-johns at the start of the race. I spent the first three miles thinking of how I could run behind some bushes to take a leak. Took me until mile four to forget about the bladder. Funny, as bad as I had to go, I didn't until hours later.

Third race was an utter failure. Too hot, too warmed-up, too fast at the start. Completely unfocused throughout. Got passed at 2.25 miles by a guy pushing a double stroller. Yes. That bad.

Thus, the next couple weeks will be all about progression runs and two-mile repeats while I leave racing to the professionals.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?