<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 27, 2007

When You Take Your Grandmother to Her First Packer Game in 30 Years 

On the walk in: "Why are we walking all this way? I would have paid these people for parking! This is such a long walk. You know I'm not that young anymore?"

During the National Anthem: "Grandpa always cries during this song."

When the crowd boos as the Eagles are announced: "Oh COME ON! Let's be good sports now! Really. That's just shameful. Do they really boo like that?"

On their chances, repeated once per quarter and throughout the fourth: "Oh, damnit, they're going to lose! Damnit, they're going to lose! I just know it!"

Answering my question as to whether she wanted anything to eat: "What? HERE? We're not eating here. We'll go home and eat Grandpa's food. We're not eating this junk."

On other people eating the food: "Look at that. Look at him eat that. Everyone's eating like that. They can't make their house payments, but they can come here and stuff their faces."

On the girls next to us: "How many times are they going to get up and walk past us?! That's the seventh time they've gotten up and walked past us! Unbelieveable! You come to a game, and you don't watch it -- you're always UP!"

On the woman in front of her: "This woman in front of me is drunk. She keeps talking to me. She's drunk. I don't know what to say to her because she's drunk and I can't understand her. She seems to think we're friends. I wish she'd turn around. She's drunk."

Many people in the family have told me that she had a great time. After all, they did win.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?