<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just imagine the speed, it's just what you need. 

The wife and I got sick on February 3, and have been ever since. Just this week we got better. Mostly anyway. It's amazing how much I began to value health once it had been absent for so long. I began wondering what it would be like to have heavy chest congestion and coughing in June.

I missed so much running, but for the first time didn't miss it. I think that was just because it's also been crappy weather outside ever since we got sick. Also, I lost my appetite and haven't really put on any weight even with the layoff. It's a joy to run again, but my whole training calendar seems pushed back 7 weeks even though I only lost three.

I bought some great beer from Bell's brewery. It's a double cream stout. Beautiful, full and tasty. It's like the brewer put cake in a bottle. Bless him.

The Brewers season is gearing up, and I for one can wait. February is too early to be talking baseball. Plus, I just don't see them winning the division. Too much has to fall their way. We won't be getting season tickets this year. Too expensive and too much of a commitment. But we'll go to some games. I got a little frustrated with the seating options. You're either paying practically nothing for a crappy view, or you're paying with your vital organs for a decent seat. There's no in-between.

I'm listening to snippets of the new Joggers album right now, and it's so good that I can't even describe it. They are the best band not from Portland to come out of Portland.

I recently bought 100 sci-fi 'classics' -- let's emphasize those quotation marks -- for $37. It's really hit and miss, and I find myself apologizing for the 1950s filmmakers. I don't know what happened in the 70s, though. All that made-for-TV crap.

Buddy Miles, one of the Band of Gypsys, just recently died, which is a shame. He was a terrific drummer with a lot of style.

I think I'd better get organized fast, or this year is gonna blow by me.

And that is the end of a quick and terribly scattered post from someone who hasn't posted in a long time. I'll have to do this again some time.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?